Friday, October 14, 2011

Things I did not want to hear...

“How are you?”   What a dumb question…I am fine…freaked out, insecure, neurotic and emotional!!!! Over and OVer and OVer and OVer again!! Everyone just wants to help in some way and they don't realize the impact those questions have. Be honest and up front with people. If you are tired of being asked those questions, then tell them " I am really tired of hearing those questions." It will only continue if not. And if you feel like you can answer those questions then answer them.  Be Kind, they are concerned...  
 
"Are you getting over this?"     You will never get over it, you will just learn how to deal with it better.


'Time will heal all wounds…"      This is b.s.!!!!!!!! We can’t expect that we will ever ‘heal’ from this. Instead, we will have to learn to live through who we have become.
 
‘You’re young’… sometimes I feel like I’m going to hit the roof with this one, or ‘when you move on’… there is no ‘moving on’. I am growing and learning how to deal with my every day grief, and please respect the fact that it will be a part of my life forever, as time goes on it doesn’t erase that part of my life.

*I bought the cemetary plot next to Christopher... I know that is where I want to be. The day I purchased it, the man selling them to me proceeded to tell me this was the wrong idea... I knew then and I knew now, Right next to him is where I want to be- He then asked what if you get remarried... blah, blah. I have remarried to an amazing guy who purchased the plot on the other side of me. If someone truly cares about you, they will understand your needs and will honor your wishes. Make your own descisions. 
 
Are you ok? How are you doing? Are you getting through this alright? Over and OVer and OVer and OVer again!! Everyone just wants to "help" in some way and they don't realize the impact those questions have. Be honest and up front with people. If you are tired of being asked those questions, then tell them " I am really tired of hearing those questions." It will only continue if not. And if you feel like you can answer those questions then answer them.

No comments:

Post a Comment